Useful Information

How To Book A Viewing

It is very simple to book a room viewing.

  1. Call us on 0161 850 3040
  2. E-mail us at:
  3. If you are passing by, just pop in and say hello!

Rearrange A Viewing

If you wish to rearrange your viewing please call us on: 0161 850 3040 or e-mail us at

So You Want To Book A Room?

It couldn’t be more simple.

  • Your application form and your contract is all done online!
  • UK residents – you will need to have a UK based guarantor. Rent is paid termly, in line with your student loan.
  • International students – you would need to pay the full academic years rent in advance, a month before your move in date.

Want To Live With Your Friends?

We can group tenants together so that you can move in with your friends. This is subject to the availability of the rooms. Please call us to discuss.

Summer Accommodation

We provide summer accommodation at HALF PRICE! Call us on 0161 850 3040 or e-mail us at for more info.

Part-time Students

Unfortunately we can only accept full time students for the academic year, but summer rent is available at HALF PRICE!

Deposit Information

There is no deposit! To reserve a room all you need to do is pay a pre-rent payment of 3 x weeks rent.

Contract Information

Can I Move In Before The Start Date

Subject to availability – yes you can! Just get in touch with our lettings team. Call us on 0161 850 3040 or e-mail:

Can I extend my contract?

Of course you can. We would love to have you with us longer. If you wish to extend it for the same room please let us know a.s.a.p.

Can I shorten my contract, or pull out of my contract?

No – unless you can find a suitable replacement tenant, as defined by Njoy Student Living. Your contract is legally binding and you should make sure that you have read the terms and conditions, understand them, and are happy to comply to them – throughout your stay with Njoy Student Living. If you have any other queries please ask us.

What if I can’t pay my rent on time?

It’s absolutely necessary for you to contact a member of the team a.s.a.p. should you be unable to pay your rent on time. They will help you as much as possible to work out a solution. If you don’t pay your rent then your guarantor will be liable for the outstanding amount left on your contract.

What will happen if I leave university?

If you leave university for whatever reason, you must notify us immediately. You will need to find a replacement tenant – or you will be responsible for the rent, for the remainder of your contract.

Changes to tenancy

Should you need to change any details about your tenancy with Njoy Student Living, (ex; changing your guarantor) please contact the office a.s.a.p.

Do I have to move out over Christmas/Easter?

No, you are more than welcome to stay in the accommodation throughout the holidays.


Our internet is supplied by HORNET through The University of Manchester.

Do I have to pay council tax?

As a UK or international student studying a full-time course you are not required to pay council tax. However, in order to qualify for non payment, you need to supply Njoy Student Living with a valid student certificate shortly after enrolment. Failure to do so may result in you becoming liable for council tax.

Will I be charged for bills?

All your utility bills (inc. wi-fi) are included in the rent.


Terms of occupancy

Acceptance of the terms of occupancy (the “Terms”) will create a legally binding contract between you and Njoy Student Living. You should read the terms carefully and ensure that you understand what they mean to you. If you do not understand any of the Terms, you should take advice on them prior to signing them. Below is a list of some of the ‘key’ Terms.

This list does not contain all of the Terms and reading it should not replace a careful review of the actual Terms.

  • You are renting a self catered room
  • You must behave with respect and consideration to other residents, staff and your neighbours, & you must behave in accordance with the Terms
  • You must not do anything to damage or put at risk the accommodation (your room and the communal areas), & you must behave in accordance with the Terms


You can obtain your full address from the team in the office. Either call 0161 850 3040 or email us at

Also, adding your room number helps if your friends and relatives need to contact you. Please make arrangements to change your postal address before the end of your residential contract as all mail received after this date will be returned to sender.

The Team

  • Lettings Manager: Jonny
  • Lettings Negotiator: Rachel
  • Admin Diva: Katie
  • Maintenance Manager: Pete
  • On-site Caretaker: Ged

The Property Office is on the ground floor of Langdale Hall, second door on the left hand side as you enter the main building. Offices are open during normal office hours (10:00 am to 6:00 pm)

Hot Water and Heating

Hot water is available 24/7 in all of our student accommodation. The central heating at Langdale Hall will be on from the months of October to May. It’s thermostatically controlled.


All residents can cook their own meals within the kitchens provided. Storage is also provided in each kitchen for residents to store their belongings, food and beverages. All kitchens are fitted with a coded lock of which only the people who belong to that kitchen will be given the codes to. We recommend you do not share this code with anybody else as it will lower the chances of anything going missing from the kitchen. We do not allow residents to bring into the halls large bags of rice larger than 1kg, or rice cookers. This is part of our pest control procedure to keep the halls free from cockroaches and pests.

Vending machines

Vending machines are available in Langdale Hall only, and are located in the main communal/games room.


From Mondays to Fridays, communal rooms, stairwells, corridors, kitchens and bathrooms are cleaned at regular intervals. All residents should co-operate fully with the domestic staff. You are responsible for cleaning and tidying your own room. For reasons of hygiene and the prevention of illness, it is essential that washing up is done promptly and that fridges, cookers and work surfaces are cleaned after use. Although staff are employed to clean communal areas including kitchens it’s unrealistic to expect them to maintain satisfactory standards on their own. Residents, therefore, must clean up after themselves. It’s often a good idea to organise a rota of cleaning duties among those sharing a kitchen to ensure that everyone pulls their weight equally.


Washing machines and tumble dryers are available for unlimited use at Langdale Hall, at a charge of £50 per student, during the duration of your tenancy. Carfax Court is a coin operated system (£2.00 per wash and £1.00 per dry) and at Naburn & Welby St there is a washing machine, which is free of charge. Njoy Student Living is not responsible for the loss or damage of any clothes and belongings whilst using the laundry facilities.


If you have any complaints, please contact our team first, by either popping into the offices between 10am-6pm, calling 0161 850 3040 or e-mail: and we will try to resolve your issues.
If you still feel that your issue is unresolved then you can follow our complaints procedure, which you can find at:


If you have any issues with any maintenance all you need to do is go to: for assistance.


We have wi-fi and it’s relatively simple to set up. Depending on your university you can set it up through Eduroam (please see links below). Once this is done it should automatically connect to your devices, any time you are in Langdale Hall or Carfax Court. It will also work whenever the user is within range of wireless within an institution that supports Eduroam. The Naburn & Welby St houses all have BT wi-fi.

For University of Manchester students, they can use either the UoM wi-fi (captive portal) which is extremely easy to use (connect your device to this network, open a browser, agree to the acceptable use policy, supply your username / password and press log in and you’re online) however, it needs to be done each time you start your device.

For non-University of Manchester students they should be directed to their own institutions Eduroam pages

MMU Eduroam –
University of Salford
Royal Northern College of

What Will I Find In My Room?

We want to help our students feel at home, therefore all rooms are fully furnished with the following:

  • Double/Single Bed (including mattress)
  • Desk
  • Chair
  • Wardrobe/built in storage
  • Chest of drawers

Please note that we do not provide bedding, although some bedding packs may be available to buy at the office.

Safety Policies

Hall Security

Langdale Hall does not hold itself responsible for your personal property.  All residents must insure any of their own contents.

Thefts can occur, usually when doors are left open or unlocked (which may invalidate the insurance policy). In order to prevent trespass and theft, always lock your doors when leaving your room. Get into the habit of doing so even for short absences, such as going to the kitchen or bathroom. Do not wedge doors open. Never let anybody that you do not know personally into your room/accommodation.

Your keys are your responsibility – Ensure you have them with you when you leave your room! Replacement keys will be charged at £50 per set. Forgetting your keys is not an excuse, and will be treated as requests for a replacement set. No refunds are given if you subsequently recover your previous keys.

Do not lend your keys to anyone or leave them lying around in kitchens or communal areas. Avoid having your name/room number on your key ring in case they are lost or stolen. Please report lost keys to the Caretaker or Maintenance Manager.

Fire Procedures

Every resident should become familiar with the regulations regarding fire precautions and the procedures to be followed in the event of a fire alert.

Safety Equipment

Langdale Hall & Carfax Court are equipped with fire alarms activated by panic buttons, heat detectors and smoke detectors. Never attempt to cook anything except in a kitchen and make sure that the kitchen door is closed when cooking, as the corridor smoke detectors are very sensitive. The fire equipment is provided to save lives and misuse is a serious matter and may be a criminal matter. If you tamper with the fire equipment there will be a £50 fine per incident. Please ensure that smoke doors are kept closed, including the door to your study/bedroom. Do not remove door retaining springs or you will be charged for replacing them, should they go missing.

Alarm Test

The fire alarm will be tested briefly every Thursday at 12:00 pm. If you hear the alarm at any other time you should immediately evacuate the building, attracting the attention of those in adjacent study/bedrooms. Leave by the fire exits or the main stairs. Assemble in the car park away from the building in an orderly manner.


If you suspect that someone has not evacuated, inform the property team supervising the evacuation immediately. Any fire, however small, must be reported to office as soon as possible, so that damage can be assessed and fire safety appliances checked. If in doubt: EVACUATE!

Every resident has a responsibility to understand the fire procedures within the building. It is there for your safety. The Halls are equipped with heat detectors and smoke detectors. Fumes from cooking, smoking, steam, dust and aerosols, can all activate the smoke detectors. It is important to keep kitchen and bedroom doors shut as these are fire doors. Please think about your actions. 

If the Fire Service is called when the system activates unnecessarily, it is a serious matter. The Fire Service will then be committed to dealing with a false call and will not be available to deal with real emergencies elsewhere in the area. The fire equipment is provided to save lives. If you misuse or interfere with any of the fire equipment it will result in disciplinary action and a £50 fine per incident. You may be expelled and/or charged with a criminal offence.

For your own safety and the safety of others living in Halls, please ensure that all doors are kept closed including any interconnecting doors. It is important to remember that setting off the fire alarm or setting off fire extinguishers, when there is no fire is against the law. *It can result in a fine of up to £2500 or imprisonment*

-Do not wedge doors open or tamper with door retaining springs. Doors help prevent smoke and fire spreading.

-Do not leave cooking unattended. Do not use chip pans, and/or deep-fat fryers. If found these will be removed.

-Do not burn candles or other materials that create smoke. Remember smoke detectors are very sensitive.

-Do not cover smoke detectors. If you do, there is a £50 fine per incident – Do not smoke anywhere in the building – If you do, there is a £50 fine per incident.

-All corridors are to be kept clear (these are fire escape routes). If items are found, they will be removed.

-All areas inside the building are strictly no smoking. If you are caught, there is a £50 fine per incident.

It’s in everyone’s interests to watch out for uninvited visitors. Salesmen are not permitted in Halls without proof of an appointment, political or religious groups have no right to roam the Halls at will. If you have any doubts about anybody, report your suspicions to Hall reception immediately.

Your Room

It’s exciting to move into your new student room and we understand that you may have some questions.

Can I personalise my room?

If you personalise your room, it is then your responsibility to return the room to us (at the end of your tenancy) in the condition it was in, at the beginning of your tenancy. It will be inspected by the caretaker. If you should incur any damages during your stay with Njoy Student Living, you will be liable for the cost of repair.

Can I have overnight guests?

As a rule, no overnight visitors are allowed. Permission should be sought from the staff for any overnight visitors. Call the office on: 0161 850 3040 or email:

Langdale Hall is not designed for children under 16 years of age. Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult. Access to all high-risk areas is by prior arrangement only.

Under the Terms of Occupancy, the Property Manager has a right to refuse entry to any non-resident.

Will the room be furnished?

All of our rooms are furnished with a double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk and chair. This is included within the price of the rent.

Is there internet access in my room?

Our internet is supplied by HORNET through The University of Manchester.

Can I bring a pet?

Unfortunately we are unable to permit pets within any of our accommodation.

What if I have a TV? Do I have to pay a TV license?

Langdale Hall does not provide TV licences for any TV’s in any bedrooms in any of the Halls or in the kitchens of the Halls. Individual licences are required for TV’s used in any room. Further information can be found from the TV Licensing, Bristol BS98 1TL (0300 790 6098).

There is a communal TV in the Main Common Room for use of all the residents, it’s located in Langdale Hall.

Absence from halls?

As a responsible adult, you are free to come and go, and you are only required to indicate your absence and to co-operate with the safety and security arrangements of the Hall. It may be advisable to advise the Property Manager of prolonged absence (overnight or for periods of 24 hours or more) and may provide peace of mind to other residents if you have not been seen for a while.

Social Facilites

Common Room

There is a central common room in Langdale Hall for the use of all residents. For information about the facilities available please contact the office on 0161 850 3040 or email us at: This room can be booked out for a number of events, including music, book clubs, societies and so forth. Misuse of these facilities may necessitate their withdrawal. Residents are requested to report misuse to the property management team.

Social Media

We also have a residents group on Facebook – we encourage all of our students to join this group!

Find us in Facebook: /NjoyStudentLiving

and Twitter: @NjoyStudent

Car Parking, Cycling and Transportation

Car Parking

A resident’s car park is located at the front of Langdale Hall. Visitors are allowed to use the car park, but a car park fob must be obtained from the office (£50 deposit required).


You are able to store bicycles within the secure bike garage, by the side entrance of Langdale Hall. Cycles should be stored with an appropriate strong lock. They are left at your own risk and extra insurance cover is recommended. Under no circumstances may cycles be brought inside the communal areas of the Halls or any private rooms. Langdale Hall is not responsible for the loss or damage to any of the resident’s cycles or vehicles.

Public Transport

We are a 3 minute walk from Europe’s busiest bus route on Wilmslow Rd. All the buses go past University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University.


There are regular train services from East Didsbury railway station to Manchester Piccadilly.


Njoy Student Living are working with Uber, who offer a discount to any students living with Njoy!

Useful Contacts

Hospitals and Health

Christie Hospital 0161 446 3000

Community Health Service 0161 445 1919

Royal Infirmary 0161 276 1234

Blood Transfusion Service 0161 273 7181

Northern Hospital 0161 740 2241

North General Hospital 0161 795 4567

St. Mary’s Hospital 0161 276 1234

Family Planning 0161 434 3555

Help and Advice Lines

Alcohol Information Centre 0161 223 3770

Alcoholics Anonymous 0161 236 6569

AIDS LINE 0800 555 777

Lifeline Project Drug Advice 0161 839 2054

Gay Switchboard 0161 235 8000

Lesbian Link 0161 236 6205

Manchester Rape Crisis 0161 273 4500

Pregnancy Advisory Service 0161 228 1887

Samaritans 0161 236 8000

Women’s Aid 0161 839 8574

Citizens Advice Bureau 0161 834 9844

Community Drugs Team 0161 274 4287

Greater Manchester Police 0161 872 5050


Manchester Airport 0161 489 3000

British Rail 08457 484 950

GM Buses 0161 627 2828

GMPTE Travel Information 0161 228 7811

Metro Link 0161 205 2000

National Express 08705 808 080

Campus Travel 0161 274 3105